Saturday, March 14, 2009

Baby Jungle Theme Blanket finally finished!











I made this blanket for a friend of mine that she is going with a jungle theme for her Baby boy's room. I knitted this using the pattern in the back of the Knit Two book I just finished. This was the second book of The Friday Night Knitting Club. It was Georgia Walkers blanket pattern. The yarn is Red Heart and it's called Woodsy. I tried many patterns first but with the colors it just wasn't looking baby enough. So I went to Joann's (one of my favorite stores) and they had this cute Lion patch on sale.I sewed it on with needle and thread matching the outline color of thread. I pinned it carefully first so i wouldn't move or tug on my stitches. I really like the way it turned out now. I plan to buy one of those stuffed Monkeys that wrap around stuff with velcro hand to hug the blanket as I present it to her.

1 comment: