Sunday, May 6, 2018

Approaching the big F word! (50 years old).

This year has been an eventful one. Our youngest graduated from high school and can't decide what he really wants to do. His only goal has been to be the Best Diver in the World. But due to no Scholarship at this time he will be

attending community college in the fall with hopes to bring up his GPA. My oldest son is going to school for Massage therapy and very excited to see where it takes him. He had did a tour in the Army has a daughter that is 3. His wife is also in College to go for a teaching career. They live in a beautiful home with 2 dogs. My husband turned 50 this year and has been a fire fighter for over 20 years and this year he had to have a Quintuple bypass. It was such a surprise to all of us, especially since he just was on a health study team for firefighters. He had lost about 12 pounds and was in top physical shape then in about in  a month he went from running 2 miles to half a mile. He has heart disease in his family. The Drs. say if he didn't have a physical job the outcome would have been way different. The good thing about this all is now they are going to perform and extra test during fire fighters and law enforcement  yearly physicals to detect blockage in the heart. Firefighters are always taking care of the outside of their bodies but not the internal. With all the stress, adrenaline rush, sleep deprivation it put's a lot of wear on their bodies. Needless to say it was very scary to almost think I could've been widowed at the yound age of 49. lol. My parents are aging faster nowadays and need much more care. It's always hard to see your parents age. If I knew then what I know now I would have had my kids sooner. Seems like I just got the kids all grown up and now time to care for the parents. I guess they call that the sandwich effect. lol. I was working for a Dentist for the past 5 years and he finally retired and I did as well. It was such a change but it did make it nice to be able to care for my hubby while he was recovering from heart surgery. Maybe it was meant to be for that matter. I am now looking for a new job with now much too much time on my hands. I just thought I would update my blog since I haven't been on forever. I will try to keep up with it now. Happy Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment